Weekend project complete. Saturday morning was spent getting supplies and I took a couple hours in the afternoon to do the install. I expected it to be harder but it wasn’t too bad at all. Thanks to the suggestions on the DIY threads on M3Post.com, I went out and bought some titanium drill bits to make the drilling easier. The brake pedal was the hardest, but was ultimately easier than I thought it would be. I wasn't thrilled about drilling holes into the OEM dead pedal and considered leaving that alone, but I’m glad I went ahead with it. It looks way better all matched up.
The pedals came with outlined M’s which I didn’t like the look of, so I filled them in with black paint. I was originally going to cut frisket and spray paint them, but after not being able to find frisket at the art store, I decided to just get a thin brush and paint it by hand. Since the outlines are debossed, it allowed for a good margin of error. I messed up one time, but a swift xacto blade surgery fixed the blemish.
Here's a before and after shot, along with some closeups: